Dynasty Rankings - TEs
Perhaps the most top-heavy position in fantasy football, finding an elite TE can give you such a huge advantage for years to come in dynasty. After the top 5 options, things are usually pretty close between the rest of the players in the group. There were several players we had a hard time leaving out who could easily end up sliding into the top 12. Tyler Higbee, Austin Hooper, O.J. Howard, and Gronk could all certainly make a case for a spot on the list.
Here's a list of who we think are the safest options over the next 3 seasons and why: Shawn's Rankings 12. Noah Fant - Age 22.8
-Only 66 targets during his rookie year, but we should see closer to
triple digits moving forward. 11. Hunter Henry - Age 25.7
-Deserving of top 6 consideration, I just really wish he could stay healthy. 10. Mike Gesicki - Age 25.0
- 6'6, 250, runs a 4.5. Buy him while you still can.
9. Hayden Hurst - Age 27.0
-Slightly bigger and faster than Hooper, who was TE6 back to back
years with the Falcons. Product of the system. 8. Dallas Goedert - Age 25.6
-If Ertz leaves Philly, this ranking could be much higher. If he stays
and Wentz finds WRs that he likes more than TEs, this ranking could be much lower.
7. Irv Smith Jr - Age 22.0
-With Rudolph regressing and Thielen aging, the new target leaders
will be Irv Smith and Justin Jefferson. 6. Evan Engram - Age 26.0
- I could argue a top 3 spot for him if he could stay healthy. 5. Zach Ertz - Age 29.8
- With Goedert and other weapons emerging on the scene, I think we'll
see a slight regression in his targets. 4. Mark Andrews - Age 24.0
- Out of his 64 receptions, 10 of them were for touchdowns. I think
his receptions only increase each year as well. 3. Darren Waller - Age 27.9
-Due to his troubled past, last season was his first "real" year in
the league. 117 targets, 90 receptions for 1,145 yards. I don't see
his production slowing down. 2. George Kittle - Age 26.9
- The #1 target in one of the best offenses in the league. Don't let
the hair fool you, this man is a stud! 1. Travis Kelce - Age 30.9
- The #1 target in the #1 offense deserves the #1 spot.
Corey's Rankings 12. Jonnu Smith - Age 25.0
- The talent is there. Is this his breakout season?
11. Irv Smith Jr - Age 22.0 - Believe the hype....this guy has a chance to be special. 10. T.J. Hockenson - Age 23.1 - Disappointing rookie season, but still a ton of promise for the 2019 8th overall pick.
9. Mike Gesicki Age - 24.9 - Looking to put it all together in year 3; not a lot of competition for targets.
8. Evan Engram - Age 26.0 - Slowed by injuries the last 2 years, hoping to live up to the promise of his rookie season.
7. Dallas Goedert - 25.6 - Would catapult into top 3 if/when the Eagles move on from Ertz. 6. Darren Waller - Age 27.9 - Kudos to everyone who picked him up after watching him shine on Hard Knocks. 5. Hunter Henry - Age 25.7 - Finally healthy, expect a breakout season. Contract status is a question mark, though.
4. Mark Andrews - Age 24.0 - Lamar's favorite target is still just 24 years old. 3. Zach Ertz - Age 29.8 - May start giving up more targets to Goedert, but still a PPR machine in the meantime.
2. Travis Kelce - Age 30.9 - Finally gives up his #1 ranking, but is still elite despite his age. 1. George Kittle - Age 26.9 - The best all-around TE in football, Gorgeous George makes plays like a WR1.